View Single Post
Old 07-28-09, 08:30 PM
erader

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmilez03
I'd like to know why there hasn't been any criticism of Armstrong's childish, unsportsmanlike behaviour with Contador...

1) Johan made a huge mistake by not naming Contador the undisputed team leader. And, he could have made this a stipulation of Armstrong coming back to race for him. As a result, we have these intra-team antics going on.

2) Lance Armstrong could have been man enough to realize that Contador is easily stronger than him. He could have decided to check his ego, for once in his life, and actually ride for another member of his team. 90% of the peloton rides in the service of others. Yes, he did not attack or follow Contador (probably because he would have been even more embarrassed that the young Spaniard can put him in his place). The point is that all of this could have been avoided.

3) Finally, Armstrong "missed" the team party for Contador. Are you kidding me? It'd be nice for him to realize that his time is over and be respectful, decent about it.

As far as I'm concerned Armstrong is spoiled and arrogant. Hopefully, he's finally gotten a reality check. Cycling doesn't revolve around you buddy.

Peace.
lance knew that. that's why he did every thing in his power to get into yellow first.

ed rader