Old 07-29-09, 12:27 AM
Profoxcg

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL7 / S-Works Crux / BMC Kaius 01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Accidents: Electronic on board and other parts

I just odered a sigma rox 9... it is still in the mail, but tonight I had a very small accident. I fell down a stop intersection. I lost balance and the bike tipped of toward the side that I have uncliped.

Anyhow, My water bottle was open so I spilled some on my water over my leg which was under my bike.
I scatched my new pedal, the brake lever of my 105 shimanos STI and I scuffed my knee alittle bit.

Overall there was i would say a good amount of damage from such a stupid tip over.
Has anyone who had a Sigma rox or Cateye had an accident? Had the computer stayed attached to the bike and not gotten damaged?

By looking at how the Sigma used rubberbands to attach its components, I am affraid that they will fly away in an accident. The Sigma or cateye V3 are $200 computers, not cheap at all. What about GPS and phones ?

Also, can replacment parts be bought to replace what you damage? for example eventually I would like to replace the brake lever I badly scuffed, the rachet on my brand new mavics =( an others.