mrrockmusic

Bikes: Trek 6500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Best Bike U-Lock

Hey all,

I am new to BikeForums and was wondering if I could get some advice from you fine folks in regards to the best bike lock out there for the money.

I just bought a new Trek 6500 and already had an Onguard Dynomite 12mm U-lock that I was using and paid about $27 for about a year ago, but the people at the bike shop talked me into upgrading to a Kryptonite Evolution 2000, which cost me $60. I am now questioning whether it is worth it to have this allegedly better lock.

Does anyone know if there truly is a big difference between the U-locks? I honestly can't tell the difference between the two and bought the new lock in the heat of the moment when I was buying the bike. I am a salesperson myself and still fell for the oldest trick in the book of sales.

I live on the north side of Chicago, so theft is above-average but not rampant. I am wondering if I should return this Kryptonite lock and simply keep the lock I already have, or perhaps there is another model out there that someone could recommend? Thanks very much for your feedback.