TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 764 Times in 431 Posts
Originally Posted by Baby Puke
I should add that the Veloflex record is a REALLY nice tire. I've got one on the rear of my spoked wheelset and I'm really impressed with the longevity so far and the feel. It says 20mm but seems more like 22, so may be suitable for heavier riders. Will take high pressure. I've even ridden this thing on the road a few times with no ill effects. Expensive, but highly recommended. Will soon be my regular.
Veloflex tires are awesome! They are so well made, perfectly round and straight, the stitching seam is completely flat and the tire fits perfectly on the rim. The heavier road ones like the Carbon and Roubaix give a deliciously comfy ride yet roll easily on even the roughest sufaces. If I were a millionaire, that's all I would use.

I've found that many of the lightweight road TT tires make for excellent track tires. For example, I have a Vittoria Crono Evo CS 20 on my front carbon race wheel, and it has great traction yet steers easily and has shown little wear over a full season of racing. I should point out that I race on a 250m outdoor wooden track with 44 degree banking in the turns and a very abrasive paint on the wood surface. Tires wear out very quickly on this surface, and the only other tire that I've found that lasts this long is the Sonderklasse.