Old 07-29-09, 08:22 PM
bigfred 

Bikes: More than 1, but, less than S-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by sundaypunch
No kidding. Who was it that said "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"....
Lombardy, maybe?

To the OP,

I think that most the complaints you hear around here about those that dislike Lance are aimed a select few who don't have anything else to say. When that's all they can talk about in just about every one of their posts in any thread, regardless of initial topic, it gets tiresome. I would contend that a reasonably large percentage of the folks cheering for Lance, at least those that are cyclists first and Lance supporters second, realize the double edged sword that is his personality. He's domineering and it's obvious. But then again, other great TDF champions have been just as tough. Nicknames like Canibal and Badger are not necessarily terms of endearment. Eddy chewed the peleton up and left little drama in the tour. And I'm sure if we dug just a little deeper than Wikipedia, we would see that they too sometimes had less than kind things to say about their competition or the competition about them.

One of the things that continues to amaze me, is that soo many that decry Lance, his personality and the allegations of his drug use, then declare a four times proven positive cheat to be the greatest TDF champion ever. I'm not belittling Eddy, but, come on folks the guy got tossed from the Giro for use of banned substances in the same year that he won his first Tour.