View Single Post
Old 07-30-09, 10:17 AM
calvin17d
projektbike

Bikes: Santa Cruz Hekler, Vintage Schwinn?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikinfool
I should have known better since you had no idea of crown height or how your spacers worked...
Correct, you should have known better, better than to make yet another ignorant comment. The truth of the matter is (since you seem to want to test my justification for a riser bar like youre the messiah of riding) I purchased the riser so that I could utilize the greater adjustability in the increased sweep that risers have over flat bars. As far as my spacer adjustments go, well I'd need to be moving the bars down to maintain a similar bar height wouldnt I? The idea behind the shortened stem and lowered hand height is that it brings your shoulders down and improves handling and keeping the riders center of gravity lower than a higher hand position. Though bar height was not my main goal I have made small spacer adjustments to bring the drop down a bit further. You're assumption was that I was making the change to achieve an alternate bar height....Your assumption was incorrect. Bike forums are here to learn about bicycle related topics, I learned a little about crown height and you learned a little about life.

Last edited by calvin17d; 07-30-09 at 10:26 AM.