View Single Post
Old 05-16-01, 10:34 PM
technogirl

Bikes: Trek 4500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry, it took me so long to post, I've been playing catch up with the threads in the forum. Anyway, it's great reading everyone else's bio!

My name is Sussette, but most people have been callin' me "Suzette" since I was in the Second Grade, so it kinda stuck.

Let's see, I'm currently 34 years YOUNG, and somewhat
borderline sane, but I'm sure everyone knows that already.

I'm a web programmer...code junkie, and all around gadget freak. I have this weird addiction to computers, BikeForums.com, and anything chocolate. I'm a recovering shopaholic, and have been sober from the mall for 4 months...okay, except for the time I ran in to get a quick pair of shorts.

I've got two kids (as far as I know--that's a joke folks, don't think too hard on that one), my girl is 6 years old, and my son is 12 years old (almost a teenager)! We enjoy playing games together and scootering to the park or the store.

I've been married to my hubby for about 8 years. He's mentioned he's going to get himself a bike for his birthday! I think I remind him every week that he said that, but I know he will. He doesn't say much, but when does say something, it's pretty darn good. Uh, okay,

MOST of the time--I think I'm giving him to much credit here in this forum. Well, to offset that, I'm more outgoing than he is--he's a pretty quiet person.

Special abilities and Stuff:
1. I can figure out the name of the movie usually within 5 seconds--most of them I've watched. (Go fig--the tv was my babysitter...I know, super scary, but would explain why the way I am...or maybe it was the time I was part of some study..nah)

2. Uncanny way that I can read my hubby's mind--usually when he's in trouble with me, or wants some gadget. (Possibility of Vulcan mind meld at some point...)

3. One of the few women NOT addicted to Oprah and to any of her media enterprises. Sorry, gals, can't really figure that one out. Must of missed out on that gene. (See #1 for details.)

4. Waded too close to the shallow end of the gene pool once, but I was able to get back out into mid level when I broke up with ex-boyfriend.

5. Inability to cook anything worthwhile. Almost burned down corporate break room just by cooking popcorn in microwave. (See #1 for details.)

Anyway, I live in Southern California, out in the suburbs, where we all watch the leaves turn green and brown (our two seasons out here). I love riding my bike, running (I've ran 4 marathons so far), and just enjoying clear days, so I can actually see blue skies! I have a Trek 820 MTB, and I hoping to get a used road bike sometime--maybe next year(?) .

I guess that's all there's to me. Nothin' too complicated, right? Well, okay, but that's not what my hubby says...