Old 07-31-09, 06:32 PM
Nestor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
I really don't have enough long distance experience to talk about LD issues, it sounds like you have abrasion from inner thigh or other undercarriage chafing. Lord knows I've had enough of that!

Several possible causes to investigate:

I'll just assume you ARE commando under there, but don't really want to hear about it

the B17 is too wide for you at its mid-length - don't really know what saddle Specialized would recommend for you, but their 130 mm saddles are wayyyy narrower than a B17, even at the 50% point. I'm not sure how relevant your measurement is for Brooks selection.

Lot's to explore!
Thanks for the suggestions. No, there is nothing between my taint and the chamois other than some chamois creme and sweat. Thanks Machka

My sit-bones are, in fact, quite wide. A 130mm saddle is the total width, and would place my bones right at the edges. I tried the B17 narrow (155) and found myself experiencing pain right down the middle, even on short rides.

There is no chafing in the middle. Just at the back. I do find myself scooting back. Maybe I should tilt my seat up a tad.