View Single Post
Old 07-31-09, 10:25 PM
brad3104

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Wow lots or responses. Hmm lets see I live in CA for starters. So weather is not going to be much of an issue. To be honest if my RT commute was 20 miles or less...my car would be gone next week....with money in my pocket.

To answer another question. I dont have a fancy job. I just work as a security guard full time for now. So it isnt very demanding physically and I should have the energy left to get home after work. Some people mentioned age. Im 25 so I like to think im in shape enough and have the energy.

Someone else mentioned the impact if will have on my free time/social life. This is my biggest concern I would say. The fact that about 3 hours each day will be spent getting to and from work. Now one could say that this would most definately take care of any and all exercise I would need. This is a nice bonus. However, The fact that it will leave little time during the week for social activites kinda bothers me. Also the fact that there might be days when im sick or just not wanting to ride 3 hours will be a problem. I suppose on these days I could take a just about as long bus trip. However, I would still have to bike home because I work swing shift 4-midnight. And nothing runs that late here in San Jose. This is another factor. I will have to ride in the dark on the way home.

I feel so lost. I so badly want to be car free. But im not sure if it will work with my current situation. Man I wish this RT was 20 miles or less I suppose if i wanted to go car free bad enough...I could make it happen. And as someone mentioned. I would most definately have a 2nd commute bike as a backup. Part because I am no very good with bike maintenace. In fact im a complete noob...and could use a teacher lol.