View Single Post
Old 08-01-09, 12:25 PM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Stuck in Mammoth

Car alternater died yesterday on the way back from climbing Whitney Portal. It's stuck in Lone Pine waiting on a part and won't be ready until Wednesday. I'm back in Mammoth but our condo is only rented through Saturday night and we were planning on staying in Yosemite on Sunday night and driving home on Monday. There an Enterprise car rental at the airport but they are out of cars until Monday.

Damn.

How about spend an extra night in Mammoth and do Yosemite on Monday? Nope... everything in Mammoth is sold out for the weekend because of some beerpalooza thing, and Yosemite is sold out on Monday.

Damn.

After some more digging, it seems that there is a Chevron station that rents a car for local use. So I reserved it and we will go to Yosemite as planned, and come back Monday evening. Monday I can get the Enterprise car and drive it home. Then I still have to figure out how to get my car back next week someone.

I can't believe it's so fricken hard to get home.