Old 08-03-09, 01:23 PM
JonathanGennick 

Bikes: Priority 600, Priority Continuum, Devinci Dexter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by miamijim
I'll never understand why thses companies dont have clear concise websites. To be honest it makes me NOT want to buy a Rockshox because I get the impression they're trying to 'market confuse' me.
There's a lot of marketing gibberish on SRAM's product a pages. When I scrollover the Poplock icon, I find out that it is "the ultimate in suspension control". Furthermore, I can "turn it on and turn it off". Woot! That's sure helpful. Not.

To SRAM's credit, they give good information in the PDF documents that you download from their "Service" pages, which you get to by going way down to the very bottom of their product pages, looking for the teeny, tiny word "service", and then clicking.

But their product pages are difficult to navigate, more full of marketing information than hard facts, and not nearly as useful as they could be.

As for that "technologies" link, I never until now realized it was even a link. It looked like a heading for the icons such as XC and whatnot below it.

I like Rockshox products. I run several of their forks on my bikes. But I don't blame the OP one bit for being frustrated at the Rockshox website.