Old 08-04-09, 10:22 AM
Riverside_Guy

Bikes: Trek 750

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi from NYC!

Been away from biking for quite a while, but I recently got my issues solved so I can once again mount my steed. Had a Trek 750 from early nineties (I think, memory is hazy here) that seems to be pretty rock solid.

Generally ride the Central Park loop on weekends, but the Hudson River Greenway during the week... I live very roughly midpoint between the GWB and Battery Park City, so I alternate going north and south.

Have finally got some semblance of biking muscles, but I do tend to ride alone. Which relates to an etiquette question... was riding south on the Greenway recently and saw a couple who were almost spot on my pace... serious looking riders with all the "right" gear and clothing. I fell in behind them, trying to be as courteous as possible, following their "stagger." Realized their pace was a tad more than mine, so I kept up and was happy having someone to do a pace slightly faster. Going through one of the narrow choke points, I ended up alongside the lead rider. Said "thanks for the pace," then veered left and motioned to her friend to pass me. He did and they powered up to put 50 yards between us.

Did I really do something wrong?