View Single Post
Old 02-28-05, 12:27 PM
nycm'er
militant commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The 6 of us incld. the LO were obeying traffic signals. We obeyed all of them... we only were faced with one before we were jumped. Apparently NYPD doesn't recognize or care about LOs anymore. He or someone else may have more info on this but since the RNC, the LOs are free targets too. All of us were polite and calm and in no way disorderly. Our arresting officers were joking with us and relaxed because they saw we were not riotous or violent. We had to of been the easiest collars of their careers. I was standing middle of the intersection watching my bud get jostled when my arresting officer came up to me.

Chich- I will let you and anyone else who is unclear what Critical Mass is, google it. There are many threads debating the validity of the approach to Crit Mass, so you can search these forums as well. Lastly the site that does not organize but sends out reminders about rides (in NYC) is times-up.org.
I, and I do believe everyone who was arrested in my group of 6 were absolutely not trying to be arrested. Speaking for myself, I have a Federally issued license I wish to protect and keep in good standing. My in-laws to be, were coming to town and I had not yet seen them. Lastly I don't believe in wasting money or time, esp. cops, there is a lot of crime in this city, but this is where the NYPD thinks the taxpayers money is well spent.