View Single Post
Old 08-05-09, 02:19 PM
DP1112

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
writing about riding...

As I go faster, the voice grows louder. My ears barely sense anything over the rhythmic gusts of my own breath, but it’s there. It starts out as faint noise, completely incomprehensible. A ghost’s whisper. My heart thumps as my breath gets louder. Then I hear it, I think. “Ggg’ Fsss Trrrr”. I give chase. My heart pounds and my breath weighs a ton. But now I can hear it clearly, among my pounding heart and gusting breath, it is distinct and clear. “GO FasTer” I obey and slam the pedals, the voice grows louder. I push and push, the voice is yelling now, “GO! FASTER!” I mash my legs until I cannot push any harder and the voice can’t yell any louder. I let go and my legs glide in the circular motion of my pedals and the voice speaks strongly, constantly, but smoothly. My feet dance as the voice now sings “Go faster and faster and faster and faster, Go faster.” And I oblige.

just a piece I wrote the other day, nothing terribly awesome, but I think there might be a few people here who can feel me on this one...feel free to share your own pieces about riding.