Old 08-07-09, 03:05 PM
JakcBeNimble

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzz2050
Kinda messy cable routing too, it might be a little more elegant if you ran the cross lever 'backwards' with the clamp closer to the stem.
Yeah I thought about doing that too, but this way the levers are in a very natural place to grab. Its almost as if they were intended to be used this way.

To Palladio: The setup I posted above, and several of those posted by others can be had for well under $100, less if you shop carefully. Also, most bar end shifters can be switched from friction to indexed very easily.

I actually had to switch the rear shifter during a ride once just after I built it. I had it shifting nicely at the start, but since it was the first real ride I took it on, the cables/housing settled just enough that it was mis-shifting all over the place. I flipped it over to friction mode and rode back like that until I could get it on a stand to properly adjust the RD

SFCLearwater: Can you post a picture from a different angle of the bars with the tan colored wrap? I can't figure out where you routed the shifter housing.