View Single Post
Old 03-01-05, 10:59 AM
5port

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro 20, Dahon Boardwalk 6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"Wow! Nice photos..thanks! I emailed Randy S about them and he got back to me right away. He says the boom is adjustable. I wasn't sure if and how the handlebar set-up was adjustable. Can you elaborate?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No problem. There are not many high res photos of Actionbents in general. This is my first bent so I really dont have much to compare to. It does *feel* light for a recumbent and I have no problem cruising 18-20 mph on the flats. Handlebars on this model only adjust at the top. There is no provision for pulling them towards you or away. Since the pictures I now have the bars pushed fowards and it opened up the cockpit a bit. Body of the Road Runner is Aluminum and the boom is steel (did the magnet test). I'm not sure what else I can tell you about the bars...let me know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, wondering if a 406 could be put on the front? I think Easy Racers switches out between 406 and 451. (Maybe I'm wrong about that)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 406 will not fit the front fork. If you look at the first set of pictures, the third picture at the top of the chain management. Scroll it down some and look at the top of the front wheel. The 451-25 front wheel is so close to the top of the front fork that even a 451-28 wont fit. There is a work-around that a couple of RR owners have done. The fix is to install two shims in the front fork dropouts (.190 inch) and this will allow a taller tire. I'm thinking about going to a Scwalbe Stelvio 451-28 and installing the shims myself.