jarelj
CX Wannabe

Bikes: 2009 VooDoo Limba CX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by sh00k
I just joined this forum yesterday and was astounded when I could not find a hybrid section.<snip>
I think this is the best justification for a Hybrid forum: new members with no history on the forum come here because they search for a bicyling forum and find that this is one of the largest out there, and then are surprised to find no specific area for Hybrid bikes. I can back that up as a new member, I came here specifically to talk about my new Hybrid, and after looking around never found any comfort level with posting about it since searches of past threads on Hybrids brought up a lot of wasted space with people arguing about why someone would even buy a Hybrid rather than a road or mtb. So now I just come here to search around for information, read it, then browse away without posting (i.e. Lurking). I don't have time to waste my time arguing about why I have the bike I do, I just want to talk about riding it, modifying it, etc. with other people who have similar bikes/interests. Someone with a carbon road bike who pace rides at 30mph will have very little in common with me when I talk about fitness cycling on the bike path at 15 mph. Suggesting that I post in "recreational and family" is not attractive either, I don't consider myself a "recreational" rider when I take my 1 hour morning fitness ride, I'm not riding for "recreation", I'm doing it because it's great exercise and easy on my ailing knees compared to running. And as a motorcyclist it has some synergy with other forms of 2-wheel riding. I have many friends who are road bikers/racer and I don't even bother talking about bicycles with them, because of the same thing, they're at a whole different level with their riding issues. I think the admins should look at the place from the eyes of a new forum member with no history here, and you'd see that if someone buys a new Trek 7.6FX and comes to the forum, they aren't going to naturally post in any of the existing forums here. I'm still searching for a vibrant hybrid forum, might as well have it be here right? I would probably have 20 posts on the forum already if it existed, rather than 2.