View Single Post
Old 08-10-09, 10:51 AM
terbennett

Bikes: Felt F1,Felt FA, Fuji Club LE and Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Motobecanes are actually good bikes. while they are mainly sold by Bikes Direct, i have seen them for sale at a handfuil of other bike shops as well . One in particular is here in Southern California. It is called Discovery Bikes in Fountain Valley. They don't just sell Motobecane,Trek, etc. I'm pretty sure that you can find a shop that sells them near you. Also, Motobecanes are essentially rebadged Fujis so the geometry will be the same. They are made by the same manufacturer with similar specs but are priced differently in the stores due to name. It's like Aiwa and Sony- same product, different name. Find the model that you like and get fitted to the Fuji equivalent. Easy as that. Bikes Direct gets bad reviews but gets way more good reviews. Couldn't that be said about any good retailer? Besides, if you want to talk to a Bike's Direct rep, there's an active one on roadbikereview.com's Motobecane forum. I'm not promoting that site but understand that you can get good quality anywhere but value is another thing.