Old 08-10-09, 08:47 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by Hocam
RTC you're over thinking it. Just train consistently, rest when the time is right and the gains will come.

If I were you I'd focus on building and peaking for the stage race, let weight be a secondary objective, and plan fewer tough interval workouts. You'll burn out trying to do everything, focus on tempo, SST and some threshold. Throw sprints in there to keep that strength fresh, but don't make improvement a goal. Ramp your CTL up 5-6 points/week for the next 4 weeks, then let it drop like a rock the two weeks before the stage race. I promise you the gains will come.

During the entire time keep thinking long term; this is only one of many seasons to build on, so if goals aren't met that's ok.
Friel claims that it takes up to 7 years for an athlete's body to make all the necessary adaptations on the cellular level. I'm okay with this being one build season out of many. I've already had a good season thus far, so I'm pretty content with how everything is going.

My CTL has been pretty stagnant around the 75 range lately. I'm going to try and build up as you recommend, but I have a feeling that I'm going to have a hard time getting over 80 or 85 tops. Lets see

Besides, I plan on messing around in the mud ala cross later this year as a break. It's going to be a blast!

Thanks again!