Old 08-10-09, 11:49 PM
Ned_Patton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Fuji

I bought a Touring Series III a very long time ago and still have the bike - at least the frame is the same. Mine wasn't Chrome-Moly - at least the decals say that it is Chrome Vanadium. Anyway - the old mechanical parts wore out - I think someone talked about the hubs, derailleurs, bottom bracket, cranks, etc. so I won't dwell on those. I had the frame widened a bit in the rear and have Shimano Ultegra hubs and bottom bracket with an 8 speed rear hub, 105 triple ring and cranks, 105 brake handle shifters, Mavic Reflex rims, alloy seat and handlebar posts, alloy handlebars (wider - the original bars were really narrow), and a new seat with the slot in the middle so I don't get numb nuts. I love this bike. I have looked at the Italian steel frames and have even ridden aluminum and carbon frames, and I don't think I'm ever going to give up my Fuji. I rode this thing this evening where I live (South Bay area of Los Angeles). I came down the hill from Palos Verdes and at one point I know I was going more than 50 - pretty scary but my Fuji tracked like a champ. Like I said, I love this bike.