View Single Post
Old 08-11-09, 09:45 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I started on mountain bikes and had MTB pedals and shoes. I saw no reason to change when I went road----EXCEPT for the hot spot as mentioned. I cured it by getting Shimano A520 pedals. They use the same cleat but the pedal has a longer platform to support the foot.

I then became convinced to stay SPD when I needed some new shoes. The shop had some road shoes that took the 2 bolt SPD cleat (Aswell as the 3 bolt fixing) Looked them over and they were vitually the same as the SPD shoes I had almost settled on. The sole on both pairs of shoes was stiff- stiffer than my old pair and this is a + point for cycling shoes. Tried them on and they were comfortable and then stood up. Then tried walking and took them off. No way was I going to be able to walk in those shoes and that was without the cleats fitted.

So I use SPD mountain bike shoes but use two different pedals for road or MTB bikes. That longer platform on the road pedal works.

Spike Milligan

Last edited by stapfam; 08-11-09 at 10:33 AM.