Old 08-11-09, 02:28 PM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
The point I was making was that if I had a question about a folder I would ask questions in the appropriate forum.

People keep citing that hybrids aren't welcome in the road and mtb forums which is perfectly understandable (get over it already) but I have yet to see any compelling evidence that hybrid related questions are not welcomed in other forums that already deal with every kind of cycling one can imagine except perhaps unicycling.

Because I ride road, mtb, ss, fixed, folded, classic and vintage, like to build frankenbikes, work as a mechanic, own a shop, and moderate these forums I tend to get around and read a lot more than most.

I use the term hybrid to describe the blending of different technologies and reluctantly apply this to a class of bikes that are really not much different from bikes that have been made for decades and decades.

My old 1978 Raleigh Superbe and 1948 Rudge would be called city bikes if they were being sold today... when they were sold they were just the comfortable general purpose bicycles most people rode.

For the most part, the majority of hybrids are the modern equivalent of those bicycles of old and I don't see them as being that different or presenting any unique challenges.
There has been plenty of harassing, and I`ve tryed to comment on it when I see it. Sometimes that is just petrol on the fire. I also posted once askng peopel to tell me what a Hybrid is, since the treads exploded once somebody wrote "Hybrid"