kjc9640
Slo Spoke Jim

Bikes: 1982 Raleigh road bike & love it

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boatdesigner
I am still undecided, watching my pennies very closely as the boat biz is a disaster at the moment. Latest report I have read is that 75% of the people in the boat business are out of work right now. I don't doubt those numbers at all as most of the boat builders have pretty much closed up shop.

I'll let you know if I do decide to ride that day, although I probably could not keep up with you and your daughter, especially over 62 miles!
I am sure the poor economy has put a damper on the boat business as it has a lot of other industry and I am really saddened by the poor situation that a lot of people are being placed in. I retired 2 years ago and felt that I was in a pretty good position to make it to the end of my time but things have changed over the last couple of years and my investments are only paying about half of what they were prior to the downturn. This has not caused me to go out and seek reemployment at this point but I would not rule it out in the future.
Anyway my daughter and I average about 13-14 miles per hour and also stop about every 10 miles for a break so no one has to worry about us riding off and leaving anyone. Any way I hope you can make it.

Originally Posted by RedC
Sounds like fun. Let me see if I can work it out and maybe even bring a friend or two from Highlands. How fast do you and your daughter ride? Around here I see the leaders of our group at the start and sometimes later if I short cut
Red we average about 13=14 mph, we ride for enjoyment not speed would love to meet up and say hello if you can make it. Let me know if you plan to be their.

Originally Posted by Boatdesigner
Unfortunately, the trail runs north and south, no way to shortcut! I average around 13-14 mph and stop every 10 miles or so for a break. I think Slo Spoke is a bit faster than me. Does that make me Super Slo Spoke Timm?
Boatdesigner, my daughter and I call ourselves team slo spokes and we are the only members of the club so you are more than welcome to join the team. We have no rules and no dues no meetings except to ride, the only requirement is that you enjoy riding your bike. By the way I really envy you living over their where you do so close to the Withlacoochee