View Single Post
Old 08-14-09, 01:35 AM
MarMek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seatpost Suspension?

As my tush is often saddened by inescapable arrays of potholes and cracks on the road, I figure some ride cushioning would make me happier.

Now all of this is done via my bright red Boardwalk along assorted areas of L.A. County. Some spots are so damaged, I end up standing through the whole mess, whilst others are not so bad/pretty good.

So I've looked into a bunch of seatposts, and I see that much of my ride really isn't all THAT bad. These seatposts appear to be for mountain bikers and tourers, rather than some kid exploring city around the university. (Research Source: http://www.mtbr.com/cat/suspension/S...50_911crx.aspx )

I've perused thorusa.com and as cool as the thudbuster appears to be, it costs about as much as I originally got my Boardwalk for (if not more). I'm curious why no one really mentions the Biologic Suspension Seatpost. It looks like it'd do its job.. but is it really that noticeable?

So I'm figuring, since I've also got to get lights before shoving off to college, should I just hunt out a comfy seat? or actually bite the bullet and get some seat post suspension? and if so, how?