View Single Post
Old 08-14-09, 10:56 AM
hopsing08

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As with spray painting anything, you need to prep it properly. People just spray over the metal and it eventually looks like arse. If you wet sand your spokes and whatever else you want to spray, you will create a better bonding surface, then clean it with denatured alcohol, or whatever anyone else suggests. my trick for spray painting is get a bucket of warm...not hot, water and put your spray paint in it, let the can soak in the warm water for about 10 min, make sure the water stays warm. i learned this from "rattle canning". with that said....BE PATIENT since the area is so small dont try to get it all in one or two coats. if you do it in 3 or 4, you should get it evenly without drips. (1st and 2nd coat should not provide full coverage) I have rattle canned just about everything you can think of from my 86 toyotas exterior, to the interior of my Evolution 8. everyone says it but nobody listens, spray painting can look really nice and last a really long time if you prep it right and dont rush it. if it looks like crap, just strip the paint...