Old 03-02-05, 05:55 PM
skydive69

Bikes: Guru Geneo, Specialized Roubaix Pro, Guru chron 'alu, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tom N.
[NOTE: This was initially posted on the "road cycling" forum. I'm hpoing that I might get some more responses here. Thanks, Tom].

I am thinking of retiring my 12 y.o. Gemini Randonneur and buying a Sequoia - probably one of the models with Carbon seat stays. Most of my riding is urban commuting, but I also get out for 5-or-so hour rides on the weekend and, every once in a while, load up the bike and head off for a few weeks,doing 150-200km per day. I run front (low-rider) and rear panniers. If I buy the Sequoia, I will probably convert the rear gears an 11-34 Deore LX set-up for touring, giving me a 30-to-34 lowest gear.

I have heard the Sequoia described as a "lite" touring bike. Has anyone had any experience of loaded touring with the bike. If so, how has it performed?
This will not answer your question, but I must say I was amazed yesterday when I got my Sequoia up to 36.2 mph on the flats. They are incredibly comfortable, and can even hang with the expensive, light bikes like my Roubaix Pro.