Old 08-15-09, 02:13 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Actions by motorists that make you wonder what they're thinking

About 2-years ago now I guess I was riding home from the library. Going home I take the access road south from the library to 62 Ave N then merge with traffic at the driveway coming out of small shopping center. On this particular day school had gotten out and there were crossing guards down at the intersection of 9th and 62 Ave N. I'm waiting patiently to turn right onto 9th street.

When all of a sudden some dumb blond pulls up on my left side signaling to make a right hand turn. A black pickup truck on 9th allows her to pull out. At this point I throw up my hands and ask "Am I invisible or something?" Dumb blond replies with "I thought that you were going straight."

Uh, IF she thought that I was going straight, why the bloody hell did she pull up on my left side? I mean if I was going straight and she's turning right isn't she going to oh, I don't know run right into me???

So now at that driveway I position myself so that there is no mistaking what direction I am going, and that it is all but impossible for someone to come up on either side of me.