View Single Post
Old 08-15-09, 03:07 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by bernside
Thanks for the advice guys.

I tried the bike shop and did not know of any local framebuilders or welders they would recommend for the job.

I already have the torch, the mapp gas and the flux so I figured I would give it a shot but could not find any silver in town so it will have to wait till the welding supply place opens on Monday, then I will have a go at it.

I will post up the results for your amusement if nothing else.

Thanks

-cgb
In or near Raleigh, North Carolina there's a framebuilder making the Coho frames, who does excellent work. If you can find him, there'a an in-state person.

Also in Greensboro, NC there's Cycle d'Oro http://www.cyclesdeoro.com/. This shop is one of the leaders of the recent vintage bike resurgence. The owner started up the Classic Rendezvous site, and has deep history in all levels of bike repair, including frames. If Dale tells you there's nothing in NC, then there's nothing, but I'd certainly look him up and ask him.

Lest you worry about "is my frame vintage enough," the answer is yes, and he might talk to you longer if you tell him that you were referred by a CR list member.

Last edited by Road Fan; 08-15-09 at 03:13 PM.