View Single Post
Old 08-15-09, 05:44 PM
LeftFieldBrewer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks all for the replies to my noobness.

I guess I figured adjustable stem would be a good bet since I don't know exactly what I want yet(noooob!).Part of the stem change is superficial, as I don't think its original because the black is either pretty faded or was intended to be charcoal not black(lighter than bars).

I will check out the bars as that was my first thought, until I saw my friends new Fuji with adj stem, and thought it would give more possibilities.

I probably will go with new tires now and switch them out when needed. Any suggestion for a good quality narrower tire for mostly short commute road use? I was thinking something less than the 1.95 without getting too roady, that would take a little more psi and have a little more tred on edges for loose sand on bike path, etc.

So far I really like the bike. It set me back a mere $160, which is maybe a bit much, but he had put on new Vbrake shifters and brake levers, seat and grips. Very little rust and the fact that the seller is a local mechanic who was high school friends with my brother helped me fork over the dough, as well as knowing he has owned and maintained for the last four years.Thanks.

Ben