Old 08-15-09, 08:09 PM
frpax
Steel is real, baby!

Bikes: 1984 Pinarello, 1986 Bianchi Portofino, 1988 Bianchi Trofeo, 1989 Specialized Allez, 1989 Specialized Hard Rock, 2001 Litespeed Tuscany

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Yin_Yang

QUESTIONS:

1. Is it common (back in the day, or even now) to have a different back wheel than the front? Seems kind of odd to me, that he only switched out the back.

2. I'm not a big fan of how MUCH purple is on the bike, so if i DO decide to switch the the trispoke w/ the regular wheel, I think I may have a problem. He is mailing me an 8 speed cassette, but just in case he forgets..the current 'replacement' rear wheel he gave me is a 7 speed cassette. Is it possible to use the current replacement wheel with the 7 speed cassette with the current 8 speed derailleur setup? or do i need a special adapter to make it work? if i need more things to make it work, what do i need?

Thanks for continued help guys.
1. Triathletes commonly do this. Time trial bikes will also commonly have a different rear wheel. But both of those specialties have tri-bars and such. Regular road bikes seldom have them.

2. Whats wrong with removing the cassette that's on the hideous tri-spoke and using it on the spoked wheel?