Old 08-16-09, 08:02 AM
Idahofish

Bikes: Raleigh Supercourse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First group ride - introduction

Hello to everyone! I wanted to introduce myself to the group...

So I think I am ready for my first group ride.

About 1.5 months ago I decided that I really wanted to be in better shape for my elk hunt this year so I started riding my MTB to work and back (10 miles each way). I really enjoyed it. Two days into it I bought SPD pedals. 2 weeks into it I decided I was really hooked and purchased my first road bike (pictured). It was all over then, I'm really hooked.

So I have been doing roughly 125 miles per week...by myself. At times I wished there were people to ride with so I contacted a local riding club and they invited me to join them for a ride this morning. I can't wait. I've read all the advice on group rides here for several weeks and studied everything I could find. Today I will find my spot in the rear and just closely watch the activity.

I'm 6'4" and when this whole 'experiment' began I was 225. I have lost 10 pounds in the last month and a half and really I haven't changed anything except riding. My goal weight is 195 and I suspect I will have to start watching what goes into my mouth more closely to accomplish this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo.jpg (76.6 KB, 57 views)