Scubachisteve
Super Senior Member

Bikes: 2008 Fuji Roubaix, 1988 Peugeot Monaco; 1985 Peugeot PH501

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xyrlicious
On Sea Ledge / Cliff at the curve in the descent after where they put up the caution sign there was a just downed rider. It looked pretty bad as she was laying on the other side of the guard rail. There were already a dozen people there and a few with cell phones so I didn't think it necessary to assist,
I decided to stop as I didn't see much first aid equipment and only one person with her on that side of the guardrail. There were one or two guys keeping the woman calm/stable and asking here questions (basic first aid stuff about pain from what I heard). She was pretty hysterical and crying which is better than quiet and unconscious. Here legs were pretty torn up but that's about all I saw.

The rest of the dozen or so there were her riding partners who were hysterical themselves; crying and calling other people on their cell phones. I had to pull one or two of them out of the road as they were trying to flag down other people they knew. Me and this other guy Ani(?) spent the next 20 minutes farther up the hill signaling bikes and traffic to trim their speed as they descended. The corner was getting crowded and when the ambulance and fire rescue arrived they were parked across the descenders' lane-- safe to protect the scene from cars, but perfect pancake-makers for cyclists who couldn't slow in time.

I hope she's doing alright. There was a wall of big boulders on the other side of the guardrail. Any which way you take it, it had to be a pretty rough landing.