View Single Post
Old 08-17-09, 09:55 PM
Homeyba

Bikes: Colnago C-50, Calfee Dragonfly Tandem, Specialized Allez Pro, Peugeot Competition Light

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RiverHills
This is so simple but I have to ask again: Are you guys in the 70+ club sure you got your computer set to the right units? I'm not insulting your intelligence by asking; after all NASA fudged the units on the Hubble Telescope so it happens to the best of us. I wonder this because in watching the TDF, I frequently heard that the rides were reaching "60-70 kilometers an hour".

And speaking of high speeds, are bikes and their tires rated for a max speed? Assuming unlimited speed is possible, I'm curious at what speed stuff starts to fly apart. Tires blowing, spokes breaking, etc.

Yes, my speedo is correct. The lady driving the follow vehicle thought I was going 75+ on her speedo. Mine only said 71.4. Sorry no picture. I was on my single bike, not the tandem here. As Beanz said, I ride high end nearly new or new equipment. I wouldn't go out there on a 20 year old Huffy 3spd. On the FC508 I once had a guy in a car pull up next to me and the passenger yelled out the window "do you know how fast you're going!!! you're going 65mph!"

My offer is genuine, I'll take you out on the tandem, we'll have some fun and you'll go very, very fast!