View Single Post
Old 03-03-05, 11:26 AM
Paul L.

Bikes: Mercier Corvus (commuter), Fila Taos (MTB), Trek 660(Got frame for free and put my LeMans Centurian components on it)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Also make a note that if you do travel at night almost every store on the Arizona strip (section of Arizona between the Grand Canyon and Utah) and southern Utah will be closed. There is usually a store in Kanab open (Panguitch as a 24 hr store too if you are coming that way), but last time I was through Fredonia in the wee hours of the morning I don't remember seeing anything open. The store at Jacob's lake is not 24 hrs. If you are going through Page, Az I have gotten caught with no stores open there (was out of gas, luckily I made it to Cameron, thank goodness for a car that doesn't get too thirsty) Make sure you are very sure of how much water you use at the temperatures you will be riding in. Also remember to factor in how much the heat will slow you down in your water calculations. Spare parts would also be critical too as you will be a long ways from the nearest bicycle shop at times.