Bikes: several

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1589 Post(s)
Liked 687 Times in 365 Posts
Originally Posted by Noobert
Ideas People.
Originally Posted by CrimsonEclipse
This is a strange path, but I'll suggest it anyway.

Aircraft mechanic. I HATE to guide you into aviation but hear me out.

The FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic Licenses are comprehensive from metal working, composites, all sorts of engines, structures, and complex systems (hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical). It makes you an all around mechanic.

It doesn't just apply to airplanes. A+P in hand, you could be in demand with the military, power producing companies, oil producers, and even theme parks.

Here's the kicker:
Under the Workforce Investment Act, one of the supported skills (meaning, skills that the government would pay for) is the A+P license (may vary locally).

Depending on the school, you can complete the classes for $2500-4000, in 20-24 months.

In the VERY least, you could use the skills on ships, trains, cars, and bicycles would be a joke after that.

It sounds like you have a good start on the tools side, Now see if you want to put in the effort.

CE
Noobert: read then re-read CrimsonEclipse's suggestion, best one so far.... question is, do YOU have what it takes to step up to that sort of challenge?

I have nearly 1,000 hrs as a (private) pilot and have a great deal of respect for their skills. Don't compare an aviation mech to your average auto mechanic, that would be comparing Picasso so a child with a box of crayons.