View Single Post
Old 03-03-05, 12:51 PM
gokiburi

Bikes: sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
could you post some pics of this? the climbing webbing sounds like a great idea..

Originally Posted by climbinrocks
i use a chain and padlock....the chain is the beefiest stuff they had at the hardware store (hardened steel, about 1/2inch in diameter)....3 feet cost me about 10 bucks....the padlock is an american brand padlock...beefy and strong, shackle also about 1/2inch...cost me about 20 bucks at the local locksmith...to top it off i took a piece of 2 inch wide climbing webbing and threaded the chain through it...webbing is about $.35/ft...in the end i had a lock about as good as any krypto chain for 30 bucks....still goin strong about six years later....i just drop a little triflow in the lock from time to time....i ride with it (unlocked; for potential quick weapons usage) around my waist and never notice its there....i dont think i'd ever spend 60 bucks or more on a krypto when this is practically just as hard to cut and/or pick....though i do also like those krypto minis...which is what i had before the chain....

also if you have any quick releases on your bike....replace them with something (anything) that requires a tool...if you havent already