Old 08-18-09, 06:33 PM
Boatdesigner
Fueled by Scoobie Snacks!

Bikes: 1983 Puch Odyssey, 2004 Giant OCR3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did my usual 22.4 miles this morning. I had computer problems the last two days so couldn't report on my rides. Yesterday I only did 13.4 miles as I had to get home, so I rode hard to make up for it. Sunday I rode most of the way to Inverness, about 28 miles round trip. It looked like it was going to rain and I had to cut the lawn still, so I came back sooner than I planned. Typical, it never did rain!

I have ridden quite a bit of the Nature Coast Trail and the prettiest part to me was from the Chiefland Trailhead to Old Town. North of Old Town it is very open up to Cross City, running alongside Hwy 19 with very little to no shade. Trenton to Fanning Springs isn't bad, but there is a road in close proximity the whole way. No hills anywhere on the trail, so it is good if you don't like climbing. At certain times during the year, you can watch Sturgeon jumping in the river when you stop on the bridge. Boaters need to watch out as people have been seriously injured and even killed when they got hit by a jumping 5' long prehistoric Sturgeon!