Old 08-19-09, 09:34 AM
Keith S

Bikes: Klien

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lamp-Shade
We aren't talking training ride. Were talking the type of ride that at the end of, you jump off your bike and slither to the shower on the floor like some type of sentient sludge crawling towards a drain. The type of ride that makes you question why you ride in the first place. That ride.
For me, it can take up 5 days to REALLY get my mojo back. I've tried everything from stuffing my face with carbs to loading up electrolytes, etc. etc. etc. but it seems it just takes that long for my body to heal. What about you? What is your personal plan for recovery? How long does your body take?
It normally takes me 1 to 2 days to recover. Up your protein a little and maybe add in two to three servings of BCAA's spread through the day for 3 or 4 days. Go for a recovery easy spin ride the day after. You also have to remember everyone's body is different thus we all have different recovery time.

There are so many factors that come into play with recovery, such as:
How was your nutrition leading up to the day of your ride?
While riding were you continually feeding your body with either good quality solid or liquid nutrition?
Had you been riding on regular basis before going out for a really hard ride or did you take a week off and then try to kill it?
etc...etc..etc..

For recovery you just can't gorge yourself with food after a hard ride and recover. The steps taken leading up to the ride are just as important as what you feed your body after.