View Single Post
Old 03-03-05, 05:33 PM
sukispop
Errand Boy for my girls

Bikes: Greenspeed GTO 20/20 trike, Rans Fusion(semi-recumbent bike), Burley Django recumbent, Marin Larkspur city bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tugbuoy
I am looking at a USX

and a Tri-cruiser.http://www.americruiser.com/

Any advice?
Thanks
Terry
Hi Tugbuoy,

BentRider Online had a thread about the Tricruiser. Here's what one poster had to say about it:

Shakey
Unregistered User
(3/18/04 1:57 pm)
Reply Tricrusier
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Just posted my opinion of the Tricruiser in another thread, but here goes again. Sorry to repeat myself, but I have to say that the Tricrusier is a pile of junk. Don't waste your money. I bought one a couple of years age. I found Sid a decent guy to communicate with, but his product is definitely "backyard homebuilders quality" I have had many trikes, and I have to say that the Tricrusier is the worst that I have seen. It handles terribly, is unstable in turns, and the seat is torture. I would compare it's stability and handling to that of a Radio-flyer Coaster Wagon. All parts that aren't home made, are "Huffy kids bike" quality.
Sorry to sound so harsh, but I would hate to see anyone else waste money on one of those things, like I did."

-------------

'Hope this may be of help. Please keep in mind that these comments are just the opinion of this particular BROL member, and not the critique of a professional bicycle reviewer(but this doesn't mean that the member's comments aren't valid either). Also remember that any/all of the components used on this trike can probably be upgraded to better quality parts...but for more $, of course.

Also keep in mind that this thread appeared on BROL a year ago, and the Tricruiser may have been greatly improved upon since then...good luck!