Old 07-23-02, 09:33 AM
Trekaholic

Bikes: Trek, of course.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies...

I don't think the strap is slipping and I don't take the same route all the time, so I can't link it to power lines or chemical plant RFI or electromagnetic disturbances. And actually, I do ride near such sources on occasion, but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

What I am starting to realize is that the "problems" I think I'm seeing stem from starting and stopping. I usually have the HRM on the handlebar mount. If I get off the bike, I don't seem to be able to pause the exercise without removing the HRM and carrying it with me. For some reason the HRM seems to require a continuous heart beat signal, even if the bike is stopped. Is this normal?

I'd like to be able to walk away from the bike with the HRM on the handlebar, fill a water bottle or two, and get back on without shutting the unit down or having it reset itself to a new exercise.

Is there a way to do this? I've tried various experiments with the buttons, and autostart on/off, but it always resets to a new exercise.

I hate to admit it but there may be a user problem involved! Maybe I've got a setting incorrect?