Old 03-03-05, 06:46 PM
ChiliDog

Bikes: Electra Townie crank forward, Specialized flat bar road bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 610
I hate to be a complete newb but I am in the weeds. I could go to a bike store but I am worried about being taken advantage of.

For the last couple years I have been riding uprights and have recently not been able to continue due to 2 major issues:

1) I have problems in my male nether regions that make it very painful for me. It should get better in time but there are no guarantees.

2) I am suffering from lower back problems.

I've looked at Recumbents online for quite sometime but am bewildered about the selection. It's quite frightening!!

I was hoping you could help me by pointing me in the right direction.

1. The bicycle would be build clydesdale tough. Have you seen an upright Kona Hoss? Kind of like that - something that is build strong even if it weighs a ton.

2. Very portable - it will fit in an Honda Element or Station Wagon without any major disassembly.
I know there are many recumbent types but I'm not sure what this would go best with.

Based on these criteria, what would you pick? I know many Recumbents have weight limits - which by the way, I am 300lbs. Does that narrow it down any?

With best of intentions,

My contribution is to let you know that a loooooong wheel base bent, the Easy Racers Tour Easy fit right into my Honda Element. Just laid the back seats down and put the bike in on it's side. No problem...plenty of room. And that's a long bike!