View Single Post
Old 03-03-05, 07:43 PM
aikigreg
Recumbent Ninja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
aikigreg, what is interval training ???? I want to BLAST the fat from my body, hahahaha. My legs feel STRONG!!!! LOL It must be a psychological thing because of course, they are still looking a little flabby ... but after riding for only 3 days, I can feel the muscles when I move, walk, etc ... and they ache a little after my bath and before bed. I pray I'm burning fat at those points !!!

In all honesty, it's something you're probably not ready for just yet. But the basics are simple. After a warmup, you pedal as fast as you can for, say, a minute. Hold nothing back - this is an all out sprint.

Once the minute is up, pedal normally for 2-3 minutes. Then sprint for a minute again, rest for 2-3 minutes.

Repeat until exhausted. Try to slowly increase the amount of intervals you can do in one workout. This method has basically been proven to be the best fat burner. It beats long duration cardio by a mile.

But like I said, you're not ready for it, more than likely. I'd hold off until you can stay in the saddle at least an hour at a time. Then do the intervals every other day and do your regular rides on opposing days. Something like that - you'll need to adjust for your own body.