Old 08-21-09, 04:55 PM
bostongarden
meow

Bikes: 2016 Parlee Altum, 2013 Cannondale Super Six Evo Hi Mod Di2 only, 2011 Cannondale Super Six, Dura Ace 7800, 2007 Cannondale System Six Dura Ace 7800, 1992 Bridgestone RB-1, MB-2, MB-3, MB-5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by waterrockets
Well, it's technically a 3-minute CP test (critical power vs. FTP). Look for where the floor of the graph is. It should steadily decrease until it appears to level off. It seems that the final 15-30s is about right. If you have any significant rise in the final minute, then you didn't go hard enough before that and the test is no good.
Thanks for that...if I was able to post the attachment/image properly, you will see that it is not of the pattern you indicate :-)

I was out on an easyish ride where I wanted to have a few hard efforts of some type...after going down a road that looked like it would take me about 3 minutes to head back up (but only a slight incline for the most part), I thought of the 3 minute test, not knowing exactly what it entailed...so, I pushed it hard until the road dropped...

When I was done, I thought I might have gone only 2'45"...so, 9'46"later, when I reached another stretch that I knew went for a bit and was reasonably flat to slightly uphill, I went for it again...

Turns out that I went for 3'19" on the first effort and 3'17" on the second effort...I was "done" after the second one!!

Well, it was still cool to see the data...316 average power for first duration and then 313 for the second run...sounds like one needs to floor it with everything the entire way to get the pattern you describe...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
3 min test.jpg (67.3 KB, 30 views)