View Single Post
Old 03-04-05, 11:12 AM
Metro

Bikes: EPX 303 (You probably never heard of it)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's a related turn on this thread.
What theft deterants/bike identity measures do you have on your bike?

I have registered my bike with the national registry. Not that I actually expect them to retrieve my stolen bike, but I know the registration number and have placed the registration sticker in an inconspicous place. I have my name on a piece of paper stuffed in the handlebar. My name is also blazoned on the top tube.

Granted, few stolen bikes are ever recovered and there are lots of ways to obscure obvious identifying characteristics. But if I see what resembles my bike on the road, (There are not that many bright yellow EPX's on the road.) I will also know a few secrets about the bike the current holder may not know. When it comes to my word against his, he would have a hard time explaining to the police how my name and other personal info made its way into his handlebar without him knowing it.

Maybe it's a magic trick. Abra ca dabra. There's a card in your ear.... and look, your social security number my handlebars!!!!. Ta daaaaaa...! For my next trip, I will attempt to dissaper (before I get arrested by this cop).

Last edited by Metro; 03-04-05 at 11:21 AM.