View Single Post
Old 08-22-09, 11:41 AM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
As tsl said, the right bike is the one that fits your particular needs. Everyone is different.

I have an old hard-tailed MTB that for several years served as my do everything bike with slick tires, fenders, racks, lights and toe clips. It got me through some tight financial times with very solid and dependable service.

Things have changed and I have a long commute. My recumbent seems to be the best bike for that job, though the mtb has been upgraded with a new rack and panniers for an amplified shopping and errands role. It also is used when I need to go somewhere where I would need to lock up the bike and feel it presents a minimal target for thieves. And I've put a trailer hitch on it to pull my Bikes At Work utility trailer.

I also have a couple of 10 speeds for light duty riding, where it's nice to have a change of pace and serve as possible back-up bikes, and a chopper that I use to ride in parades.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.