View Single Post
Old 08-22-09, 06:20 PM
subligar

Bikes: 2009 LHT, 2009 Kona Jake, 1992 Trek 850 Antelope

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can probably gauge your distance to start by how much pain/soreness you have the next day. If you can go out the next day feeling great then you will probably go further in the long run. I would take it easy until your butt gets used to the saddle again.

As for being embarrassed, I would think another cyclist wearing spandex would be the last person to think you were strange or funny. Anyone else would see a guy in spandex as strange anyways... no matter what shape you are in.

Originally Posted by cbrown9064

Here is the kicker. I have been riding in regular undies and golf shorts. I cannot bring myself to put on my brand new PI bibs. Just seems like I am not a "real" cyclist yet. My butt hurts pretty bad today and I know the shorts would probably help some, but I would be embarrased to be seen by another "cyclist" as I am so out of shape. Any thoughts on that?

Any thoughts on my mileages? Am I pushing too hard too soon? What is a good distance for a daily ride? Does everyone keep the computer running all the time or just when riding?