ZackJones
On Your Right

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tri-specific Saddle

Greetings,

I'm not sure I'm digging my tri-specific saddle. My Trek Equinox came with a San Marco Azoto Tri saddle and I just don't seem to be as comfortable on it as I would expect to be. On the Lemond road bike I had before I sold it, I had a Selle Italia Prolink Trans Am saddle that worked great. When I had my fitting done earlier this week we set the saddle to a level position (when the level was placed on the thick gel padding area). The problem I'm having is I feel I am constantly sliding forward on the saddle. I'm wondering if we should have set it level from the rear of the saddle instead. I can't count the number of times I had to slide back on it today during my 15 mile ride. I'll post a picture later but to me it looks like the way this saddle was designed the rear end is jacked up a bit and that's causing me to slide foward.

Questions:

1 - Do any of you use a tri-specific saddle or do you just use a regular road saddle?
2 - Is it normal to feel like you're sliding forward all of the time? On my road bike all of weight was on my sit bones and I could ride it for hours. On the Equinox I don't feel like I'm sitting on them which is putting pressure up front. On your tri bike, and in the aero position, are you sitting on your sit bones?
3 - Should I give it more time for my body to adjust? I've put about 100 miles on the bike since I bought it and 15 on it since I had the fitting done.
4 - Do you set your saddle to be level? If so do you just level the entire length of the saddle or do you level it at a specific point?

I'm going to tinker with the saddle some tomorrow when I go out to ride again. I'm going to start by leveling it from the rear of the seat instead of the gel portion up front and see if that makes a difference. I may end up switching saddles and trying my old Selle and see how that feels.

Hints/tips on getting this seat comfortable are appreciated.