Old 08-25-09, 02:05 PM
Bheleu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When it comes to kickstands I laugh at the scorn of others, the first thing I did when I got my 1977 Schwinn Volare was to put an aftermarket double legged kickstand on her. The kickstand has been nothing but money well spent. If I want to work on her, true a wheel, adjust a brake housing, swap out pedals, or just spin the front or rear wheel and listen to her purr I can. Unlike those who prefer to have others work on their bikes, I enjoy keeping mine in pristine running condition knowing my baby is safe on her double legged feet while I'm cleaning, lubbing, and admiring her sleek perfect form. Yeah, I got it bad - really bad. Fearful of causing her damage from those legs, her frame (and paint) are protected in a layer of gasket material (which also ensures the kickstand bolt is torqued tight and won't wobble loose). Any scratch or chip, she gets fresh touchup... go ahead and make fun of her two feet if you must, but the rest of her is a real bute, a real classic lady in red dressed in modern finery. On second thought, just make fun of me instead - she deserves no disrespect.