View Single Post
Old 08-25-09, 06:21 PM
Bob.w

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When and how often do you ride?

I am getting back into riding primarily to lose weight and for the cardio exercise. Work gets in the way of my cycling plans, but I have been trying to ride M-W-F, 20 miles each evening. I want to extend that distance, but by the time I get home from work, change, ride, get showered and eat dinner, it is close to 8pm or later. If I increase the distance too much, I will be eating even later, which is not in the best interests of my weight loss goals. Thus far this month, I have only logged 100 miles.. (yea - had a week where I only rode on Wednesday, another when I only got a chance on Monday... )

Do you (the collective you) ride every other day, or every day? I haven't tried riding in the mornings before work, as I would have to get on the bike at daybreak (or start riding while dark) to get in a decent ride and then get to work on time. (And of course, the tires will know the day when I have an important first thing in the morning meeting, and chose that day to go flat....)

Thoughts, suggestions, how you all get tons of miles logged while still working M-F 7am - 5pm would be most welcomed. Thanks to all in advance - Bob