View Single Post
Old 03-06-05, 01:33 AM
my58vw
Meow!

Bikes: Trek 2100 Road Bike, Full DA10, Cervelo P2K TT bike, Full DA10, Giant Boulder Steel Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My first criterium is tomarrow also... so we are in the same boat.

I worked hard all this week, sprint intervals on Monday, hard group ride on tuesday, LT intervals on Wednesday, Hard hilly group ride on Thursday and a 30 minute ITT LT session on friday. Today I took the whole day off... it helped that my body was a little tired Saturday morning.

I have been feeling very strong all week and right now I feel awsome. My race unfortunitly is at 7:00 am so I will not be getting a huge amount of sleep... but I slept most of the morning. I ate a nice carb loaded meal for lunch, the traditional mexican dinner and I am snacking on bananas as I type.

I have been a nervous reck all day, I know that this is just a go out and see how it is race but I am still nervous... of course that will all go away at the line... In teh morning I plan on getting there 1.5 hours early, register then start hydrating again (been going since this morning). A little shot of gel, some cytomax and a 30 minute warm up (just like a tt) on the trainer there. At 7:00 am we go...

I have been reading stuff on stragegy all morning and I hope to put some of it into practice... we should both have stories to tell tomarrow...

Good Luck ... now if someone could bail me out of work... oh well